Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I must be getting old 'cuz . . .

I just watched (probably the last person on the face of the earth) the Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck thing on YouTube. I guess it's funny, though I must admit Sarah and Jimmy are only slightly familiar. I did enjoy the assembly of stars in the Kimmel rebuttal all singing in a "We Are The World" type of situation. I don't know, though. I'm thinking, what's the point? That's when I realized . . . I must be getting old.

On the morning ride into work, I usually listen to NPR on 88.5 and then, because I'm usually running at least a few minutes behind, I hear the first few minutes of Open Tunings with Scott Regan. I really like that show. Today, Scott wasn't there and the guy who was filling in had some interesting taste in music. If this morning was the first time I'd ever heard it, I wouldn't tune in again. Can't wait for Scott to be back.

So I switched over to my other favorite station 90.1, and that is one that never disappoints. So, basically, the best two stations in town are both reliant on member support. Let's get the dollars out there, shall we? Quality music programming is hard to come by, we have to support it if we want to have the opportunity to hear diverse, excellent music. 88.5 comes out of the University of Rochester and 90.1 out of the Greece Central School District. These local folks putting on top quality music need our support--listen and give.

So, it's almost time for me to run out and torture my voice coach. She is a patient, encouraging and helpful young woman. TTFN.

yours in music,
Tracy

No comments: