Saturday, February 23, 2008

Don't Forget! Prime Time Funk tonight.

Come on out to see the best band in town - Prime Time Funk - at Hi Fidelity (formerly Milestones) on East Avenue between Spot Coffee and the East End Garage. The band plays from 7:00 to 9:00, and this week Joe will be sitting in at his old spot on guitar.

This group has been my favorite for as long as they've been playing. They've got one CD out and are finishing up a second. I have seen a lot of bands, and no one has them beat on talent or energy. They belong places other than Rochester, that's for sure, but aren't we lucky to have them!

Hope to see you there tonight.

yours in music,
Tracy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed it. Something came up.

uncle wally said...

I went, stood in the back for about an hour. Way too loud, would have stayed longer if I brought my ear plugs. . .

Tracy Kroft said...

Stood in the back?! I was in the back. Well, depends on what back you're taking about. I was in the back of the main room leaning up against the wall with the sound booth. It was loud, but Joe sounded oh-so-sweet. It was great.

I would enjoy some earplugs, though. My son thinks I'm going deaf. When I ask him "What did you say?" because he totally mumbles (always has), he says, "MOM - TOO MANY GIGS!"

uncle wally said...

we were probably separated by a pillar. I was at the first corner, and tried to shield my left ear (the bad one) behind the pillar.

Tracy Kroft said...

I heard you were in the paper today. Congratulations, and what's up with that? How'd you do that? I want to be in the paper, too! Kind of.

uncle wally said...

how did I do it? I think I answered an ad in craisglist. It's a free gig, but who knows, maybe I can get some sort of writing work out of it.