Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rick Holland/Evan Dobbins Little Big Band

There's nothing little about these guys--big sound and big talent. What a great show at Hi Fidelity with a special guest singer Nancy Donnelly. Dean Keller killed on bari--his solo on Nightlights was so beautiful that I had tears, and Evan Dobbins is a monster trombone player. I can't wait to hear these guys again.

A quick peak in at Bonerama--a loud, rollicking, New Orleans party band--I sat way too close to the speakers. Considering that I could still hear them loud and clear in the merchandise tent, I feel I made the right choice to take off and save my hearing. I did like them, but one song was enough for me tonight.

I went back to Hi Fidelity on my way to my car and bought one of Nancy Donnelly's CDs. She was gracious enough to sign it for me. It was a good night at the Jazz Fest.

yours in music,
Tracy

2 comments:

jzztpt1958 said...

Thx Tracy....

It was great to be heard, and hope we can return again next year.

I'll soon be a Rochester, NY native, my family and I are moving over this summer.

Best--

Rick

Tracy Kroft said...

When I get a comment like this, and I have no idea how you got the blog address, (I don't remember giving it to you, anyway!) it makes me want to keep on writing! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I certainly did love the group and wish I could have stayed for the second set.