Monday, June 11, 2007

Dear Mr. Nugent and Mr. Iacona . . .

Can I get my money back for my Club Pass if I can't get into the events I want to after waiting an hour and a half and not being told the venue was full thereby eliminating any chance I might have had to get into a different show at a different venue?

And Mr. Nugent and Mr. Iacona, is there any reason why people like Eldar couldn't play a 6:00, 8:00 and 10:00 show? They only play for an hour anyway, why not add a show? If the venues are not sufficient to hold the number of people who want to see these performers, perhaps you might need to add another show or two.

I was frustrated to the point of tears tonight after the second time I've tried to see an event at Max's and waited in line only to find out after it was too late to go anywhere else that the venue was full. When I walked up tonight to see what was going on, there were people behind me all the way to the corner. When the "staff" told me that it was full, I said, (once again) "You mean we're waiting line for nothing?" And he said, "No, people might leave and then you can get in." Someone else asked, "Do all these people waiting in line know that it's full and they likely won't get in?" And the "staff" nodded yes. I said, "No they don't; I didn't and the people behind me sure don't." That's what's making me the most angry; have the decency to let us know the venue is full so that we can make a decision to go somewhere else while we still might have a chance to get in instead of letting us stand there waiting for nothing.

yours in jazz fest frustration,
Tracy

2 comments:

Tom D said...

Didn't I hear that they sold more Club Passes this year? Is that the problem with the turnaways you're experiencing? What are the solutions to this issue, sell fewer Passes, have bigger venues, more performances (as you mentioned), or let's just put Tracy in charge to organize it with the customer in mind? Why not some reserved seating in the clubs? I'm sure the organizers are open to suggestions on ways to improve the experience for their customers.

Tom D said...

Have you considered sending them an email? Their adddresses are on the Jazz Fest website.