Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Okay, that was cool . . .

And I forgot to tell you - I met a reporter from the D&C on Monday night at the Future of Music event, and she (Anna) said she "reads my blog every day." WOW! I was shocked and delighted. Too bad I don't have anything interesting to say today.

Well, there is the fact that I listened to NPR on Friday afternoon on my way to Charlotte to interview an artist for an article I'm writing for Metropolitan magazine. Anyway, Joe Jackson was on with David Dye. Whoa. I'm having a deja vu episode. I feel I've written this before, but I've looked at the last two entries and it's not there. So, onward. Joe Jackson has a new CD entitled Rain. It sounds absolutely fabulous, and I want it! I think I'm going to ask my son to get it for me for Mother's Day. We'll see how that goes.

I think this link will get you to the right page to listen to last Friday's show and hear the tunes that he performed. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89937753

So cool. I'm going to email my son right now!

yours in music,
Tracy

7 comments:

uncle wally said...

wow, saw Joe Jackson at the red creek back in the 70's.

Also, here's a tip for you - to make a link, highlight the text when your typing up the entry, and click the little link button above the top of the box (looks like two chain links). Enter the web address there, and then click okay. you can also make the text bold so people know it will send them to another page.

uncle wally said...

Okay, I gave Joe a copy of our latest disc, so you can bug him for it. . .

Tracy Kroft said...

Wow, you are so cool with the high-tech tips! Thanks! And thank you for the CD; I will bug him since I spoke with him before I saw this, and he said nothing about it!!!

uncle wally said...

just doing my job, baby, just doing my job.

uncle wally said...

you can also give the link any name you want.

Tracy Kroft said...

How? I tried and in the process screwed up the link entirely. I had to take it out and put it back in again. What did I do wrong?

uncle wally said...

highlight the text first before selecting the link button.