Sunday, April 20, 2008

How COULD I have forgotten . . .



"Comic Book Tracy" seemed to be appropriate enough for this post.

On our way home after dinner on Friday night, Joe and I stopped at Lappy's in East Rochester to see our friend Dan Schmitt (and his Shadows) dish up some blues. An excellent group of musicians and an obvious local favorite, Dan and the gang had the dance floor filled with swinging, twirling and dipping duos the whole time we were there. It was exactly the kind of music that, in another lifetime, I would have been dancing to all night long. Now, I am quite content to sit back, relax, listen and appreciate both the music and the show on the dance floor.

Apparently, Lappy's used to be Taylor's. Joe thought so, anyway. It seems quite possible given the leopard print carpeting, the red walls, and the dim lighting. It appeared be quite the place to "meet and greet" for the over-40ish (or so) crowd. Let's just say it was an interesting place, and one in which I was quite happy to be with my Joe and not on my own.

Well, that's about it for me for this weekend. I'm hoping to get to see Cyrus Chestnut next Friday night--and if the stars and planets are in the right alignment, then maybe I'll just see you there!

yours in music,
Tracy

4 comments:

uncle wally said...

Lappy's? Where the heck is it?

Tracy Kroft said...

On Commercial in ER not too far away from the Bistro, but on the other side of the street. They used to serve dinners, but apparently there was some kind of dispute between the new and old owners, and the old owner took all of the kitchen stuff, so they can't do food right now. At about 10:30 or so they brought in a huge sheet pizza and served every one who wanted it. I thought that was very nice of them.

uncle wally said...

oh, that taylors. For a second I thought you meant the meat market across from pittsford plaza.

Tracy Kroft said...

One and the same - just a different location.