Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back at Tasteology on Monday night.

Just a quick note. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS! GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSES! And come on down to Tasteology on Monday nights to see the biggest little big band around! The Rick Holland-Evan Dobbins Little Big Band is booked for a while at Tasteology on Monday nights. The quartet starts around 7:30 or so and the Little Big Band starts about 8:30. Don't miss this.

We have venues. Venues that are willing to host music. We need to support these venues to keep them alive and well. We have bands. Bands with amazing talent. We have to support these talented musicians or they are going to go elsewhere. This scares me. I worry that our fair city will someday be silent. We get a hundred thousand-plus people out for the Jazz Fest. For one week. Can't we get 50 people out at each show at each venue to see our fabulous local musicians every week for the rest of the year? Let's not lose this beautiful gift that Rochester has, okay?

Yours in music,
Tracy

5 comments:

jzztpt1958 said...

My Deepest Thanks!

Rick

uncle wally said...

can you recommend and meals there?

jzztpt1958 said...

Uncle Wally--

Food is great. Wine selection is very good!

Rick

Tracy Kroft said...

I had the lobster ravioli and a salad the first time which I would highly recommend. Last Monday, I had the Cali Club Roti Wrap which was delicious and light. It was filling enough for me with the side salad. It might be a little light for Joe. He had the mushroom and chicken flatbread. It was really flat, but it did fill him up. I really liked it. I've only gotten the wine by the glass, but it was very nice. Parducci is the house wine--good quality. Caroline and I also had the little dessert shooters the first time I was there. Yummy!

JonG said...

Absolutely agree with you! I'm a big big Tasteology fan; the wine is great, the food is great, the prices are refreshing, and I love the atmosphere. Not to mention the music, which is amazing. We must support owners like this.

Between the low turnouts for local musicians and WGMC 90.1 missing their goal by a couple of hundred lousy bucks, it's a wonder that any of these first rate musicians hang around at all. There's a lot of tremendous music in this town. It's disappointing that it's taken for granted. I intend to catch it while I can!