Saturday, April 19, 2008

More great music and food . . .

Back to Tasteology tonight for a dinner with my friend, Diane. Joe had a "private gig" in Geneva, so I was on my own. It was my pleasure to introduce Diane to the culinary delights offered up by the staff at Tasteology as well as the wonderful music provided by six of the ten players in the Rick Holland Evan Dobbins Little Big Band. Let me tell you, even at six, the "little" band's sound was damn big! Once again, I cannot stress enough the quality of the musicianship of these guys. They are not to be missed. The food, too, was excellent. I had the "pasta" Romanescu (sp?). Instead of the whole wheat pasta, I opted for the spaghetti squash, and it was delightful. Diane had the Aegean Escape roti wrap (also with shrimp) which she said was excellent. The great food and excellent music deserved more customers there, but those who were there were appreciative.

I really wanted to hit the Little Cafe afterward to see the Steve Green Trio with Tina, but we were whipped and it was already 10:00 when we left Tasteology. The Trio was only playing to 10:30. There's always next weekend, I guess. Or maybe the White Hots on Monday?

Last night was Kinloch at Bodhi's, but by the time Joe and I finished dinner, we just couldn't drag ourselves out. Fridays are tough. It's a long week, and it's hard to rally if you've actually gotten home and had dinner. I know we'll get there someday, because Kinloch is a friend of Joe's, I think, and I know Joe would like to see him play.

That's all for now!

yours in music,
Tracy

1 comment:

uncle wally said...

kinloch is a monster player. and yeah, i was going to go to the little, but was too whupped. stayed home.