Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Future of Music Event - Yesterday

Thanks to all of you local musicians who came out to "get schooled" by the folks at the Future of Music Coalition. I hope you all learned something new. I heard from several of you that you thought it was a highly relevant program. That makes me happy.

I learned something at one of the breakout sessions. Musicians like to send their CDs off to local bloggers to review. I'm thinking . . . BRING 'EM ON! Seriously, I've been emailed to come and review bands, I sure wouldn't mind reviewing CDs. If anyone so desires, just shoot me a comment with an email address and I'll tell you where to mail them. Or, perhaps you have files that can be attached to an email--I learned at the FMC event that this is quite possibly the way to do it. So . . . let me know!

Please check out my MySpace at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70839910 because you will find that many of the artists on my "friend list" have music clips. I so enjoy hearing them. I wish I could figure out how to have a running playlist of all of them. If anyone knows how I can do this, please let me know!

Joe plays this weekend in Newark. Yeah. Newark. He'll be back in the city next weekend. I believe Hot Sweets will be at Woody's on Friday night the 9th from 6:00 to 10:00.

yours in music,
Tracy

5 comments:

uncle wally said...

you can go here - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=171096404 and listen to "Genesee Beer" off our latest. If you want the rest of the disc I can get it to you.

Tracy Kroft said...

You promised me that CD a long time ago! Yes, give it to Joe so I can hear it in its entirety. Is it all about beer? And do you guys really drink that stuff? (Genny, I mean.)

Tracy Kroft said...

Is that you on that hot little guitar solo, by the way?

uncle wally said...

actually, I gave Joe burned CD of two earlier albums. I'll get a copy of the latest to him for you. And yeah, the solos are all me.

uncle wally said...

the latest is the kids cd. we did a bunch of songs and are splitting them up over 2 or 3 discs. the beer one comes later.