Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Tweeds and Bill Tiberio Band at Lovin' Cup




I can't believe how fast this week has flown by. I was going to write about last weekend's music when it was more fresh in my mind, but here we are.

Teagan and the Tweeds will be getting ready to head out to Austin for South X Southwest. Based on what I saw and heard last Sunday night, they should be well received. The sound was so much better at Lovin' Cup than it was when I saw the band at The Landing a few months ago. That time, I could not understand a word that Teagan was singing. That was a loss. At Lovin' Cup, her vocals came through loud and clear. What a set of pipes; that girl can sing. With Katy Wright's harmony, and the musical talents of the group as a whole, Teagan and the Tweeds just keep getting better and better.



After the Tweeds, the Bill Tiberio Band took the stage. They sounded great, as usual, and did a few new tunes. They also did a straight-ahead jazz standard - Coltrane's Impressions. I loved it, and so did my friends, the DeBolts. Very cool, very jazzy. The boys are working on their CD; hopefully, it will be done in time to have at their show in the Big Tent at this year's Xerox Rochester International Jazz Fest. See you there!

yours in music,
Tracy

No comments: