Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Typical Saturday Night in Rochester . . .

So, since I stayed in Rochester (due to weather) instead of going to visit my daughter, Joe and I met some friends, Dave and Tina, out for dinner at Pomodoro. We had a good meal - Joe and I both had the Linguine Limone and Dave and Tina both had the cod special. Tom Passamonte and Special Blend - a group I've heard of, but I've never heard - was there last night. I really liked them. Tom's voice was very versatile and sounds a lot like Eric Clapton. I'd go just to listen to them again.

After dinner we buzzed over to the Little Cafe to hear Kinloch Nelson, Dave Arenius and Bill Blind. Very nice. I've heard Kinloch before, solo, and I've heard the other guys in different groups over the years. Their sound was just beautiful.

I'm happy to say that both places were packed!! On a cold Saturday night in Rochester! Some people actually do come out of hibernation to hear the wealth of musical talent we have here in Rochester.

yours in music,

Tracy

No comments: