Saturday, February 27, 2010

Valentine's Day (the movie)

Not as impressive as I'd hoped given the cast and the trailers I'd seen. Kind of slow moving. None of the characters were engaging enough for me to care what happened to them. Not a big Ashton Kutcher fan, though I thought he was much less obnoxious in the film than in anything else I've ever seen him in. Joe thought his character was wimpy. I don't know. I just didn't care. Too bad; I had such high hopes.

Next movie is Joe's pick, and I know it's going to be Brooklyn's Finest, which would be mine too. It opens next week - I think on the 5th. Richard Gere, Don Cheadle, Wesley Snipes, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio - another great cast. I think it will be more exciting and engaging than Valentine's Day, for sure.

Saw Rodrigo y Gabriela on some morning show yesterday. They are truly awesome; I wish Nugent would get them to come here for Jazz Fest. I'd be in line five hours ahead to see them!

yours in music (and movies),
Tracy

No comments: