Friday, March 19, 2010

Music out and about this weekend

Just sitting here enjoying yet another WRUR show, "Rejuvination," while I think about the possible music I might experience this weekend.

So, tonight, I was hoping to get to the Jazz at Immanuel series, but I don't think we're going to make it since Joe is still at work at 6:15, and I am hoping he will take me out to dinner first! So, it looks like we might make it out to Rab's Woodshed to hear our friends, Tina and The Two-Timers. Their show starts at 9:30ish. We should be able to make that.

Tomorrow night, the Bill Welch Band is having their CD release party at The Keg at The German House at 7:00 pm. I'll be there selling their new CD, Roots. I'm very excited for them. This is a great group; Bill Welch is a fabulous lyricist with a soulful voice.

Next weekend, I'm hoping to finally catch The Lawnmowers at Abilene.

Stay tuned for some very important news about an upcoming event for the Rochester Music Hall of Fame. We are working very hard to bring this grassroots organization to fruition and make it a wonderful tribute to Rochester's musical legacy.

yours in music,
tracy

No comments: