Friday, March 26, 2010

Twestival

Went to last night's Twestival at Lovin' Cup. As I explained to my daughter, it was a global event to raise money for an organization which builds schools for poor children all over the world. But the idea was that all the people, mostly Twitter aficionados, would be able to see all the celebrations across the globe via live stream. And there was a lot of tweeting going on.

I noticed, thankfully, that I was not the oldest person there. (Though I probably have the oldest phone.) There were as many people my age or older as there were younger. However, I noticed that most of the avid tweeters, especially those of the younger age, were scattered. In other words, trying to have a conversation with someone who keeps grabbing her phone and reading tweets or sending tweets was difficult as her attention was scattered - always thinking of her next good tweet.

I did get the chance to hang out with my good friend Greg Bell. He's the guy with the excellent jazz blog who got my little music blog noticed. It's always a pleasure to chat with him. I didn't hear the first band, really, but was there for all of the MOHO Collective's set. They were an eclectic trio with an "organic drummer." The guitarist also played lap steel. And pretty well. Had I no one to talk with, I wouldn't have minded just sitting and listening to their set.

I'm hoping to get to see the Lawnmowers tonight at Abilene. I've been wanting to see them, and if I can't get there tonight, I'm going to stomp my feet and have a tantrum. I might have to tweet.

yours in music,
tracy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy your blog, and happen to be one of the Lawnmowers. Hope to see you there tonight. Matt O'Brian (formerly of Giant Panda GDS) will play a solo set around 930, and mowing will commence around 10.

Tracy Kroft said...

Cool!! Sounds great; I am really looking forward to it. Thank you for reading and commenting; I do appreciate it very much.

Unknown said...

Great hanging with you Tracy. Hope to see you again soon.