Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Xerox Rochester International Jazz Fest 2010

Well, well, well. I was anxiously awaiting yesterday's release of the Jazz Fest '10 lineup. It's good enough to make me buy two club passes today while the prices are still a bit lower than they will be. I think it was damned straight of them to keep the price down for a couple of days after announcing the lineup. It's hard to justify buying tickets when one has no idea who might be playing.

At a quick glance of the lineup, I'm very excited about Charnett Moffett. I saw him a few years ago when he played the Jazz Fest with McCoy Tyner. The man was amazing. Can't wait to see Mose Allison, too. Joe's very excited about Russell Malone, Andreas Oberg and Joyce Cooling. I also bought tickets for Joe's birthday for us to see John Pizzarelli at the Eastman. I've been wanting to see him for a long time.

And, of course, I can't wait to see my Joe and the rest of the Bill Tiberio Band at the Club Pass Big Tent on June 16 at 6:00 pm. Got to have the Club Pass for that, right?

I have to say that I'm looking forward to this year's Jazz Fest very much. Get your club passes while they're still $135 - that's only today!

yours in music,
Tracy

No comments: