Monday, May 12, 2008

Thus Begins My Ticketmaster Saga . . .

This past Saturday, I realized that the tickets I ordered on April 26 for the July 11 Steely Dan show at CMAC have not yet arrived. I did get an email on the 28th that my tickets had "printed." But it didn't say anything about having been mailed. It did occur to me on Saturday that I was pretty sure I had elected 3-day post, so where were they?

I searched through my mounds of mail (mostly junk) to no avail. I went back to the email and somehow figured out that my tickets had been sent UPS instead of USPS. I have always received my tickets via regular mail, so this was my first surprise. My second surprise was that in clicking on the tracking links, I found out that my "package" had been delivered to the "side door" on the 30th! Of April! Well, both my daughter and I have been in and out of both of the doors to my house and neither one of us ever saw any kind of "package." Not in between the doors, not under the mat, nothing.

So, I clicked on the email link to report "lost, stolen or damaged" tickets and read a general blurb that said something like "It will be at the discretion of Ticketmaster whether or not to reissue your tickets." Well, I'm freaking, right, because that's over $200 worth of tickets (two), but the worst part is that they were for Joe's birthday. I will be crushed if they won't reissue them.

So I was thinking more and more about this. If they were on my porch, under my mat or something, and they blew away, then there's some kind of an envelope out there with my name and address on it, and no one has returned it to me. That's very troublesome. Someone out there has my tickets for my seats and my "VIP" parking permit. So, now what? I'll be on the phone with Ticketmaster today. I hope they will make this right. I'll keep you posted in the next installment of the "Ticketmaster Saga."

yours in music,
Tracy

1 comment:

uncle wally said...

Well at least you have some excitement in your day. For some reason, and don't ask why, I'm trying to figure out the chords to Barry Manilow's "Mandy."

Suddenly, dealing with Ticketmaster shouldn't seem so bad for you.