Monday, May 12, 2008

My Friends Need a Drummer . . .

The Beat Beggars http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=332146583 (their MySpace) need a drummer. If anyone out there who reads this is a drummer, or knows a drummer, hit them up on their MySpace. Check 'em out.

No time to call TicketMaster today because work was fiercely busy, and I had to leave a little early because my TV was, potentially, on fire, about to blow up, or just smoking and dying. Anyway, my daughter was freaked out. And now the house stinks of that "electric fire" kind of smell. Lovely.

I stopped at Tasteology tonight for dinner because my daughter and I were at the eye doctor's office in that plaza. Chef Russell whipped up some sweet potato bisque. We got to sample it. I wish it had been after the dinner because it was almost dessert. It was luscious. Dinner was great, too, with my Shrimp Romesco and Caroline's veggie burger--much better than your average veggie burger. The Little Big Band was there, being awesome. Talk it up, folks, talk it up.

That's all for now.

yours in music,
Tracy

4 comments:

uncle wally said...

you know Mike?

Tracy Kroft said...

I know Dan very well. I know Mike only through MySpace. I know we've met, but I'm sure he doesn't remember meeting me. I'm not that memorable. I've known Dan since 1996. They had been practicing for years up to that point, but not playing out. How do you know Mike?

uncle wally said...

I went to high school with Dan, known him, well, a long time. Known Mike a long time too. Usually the Chinchillas play with the Beat Beggars at the Cottage Hotel a few times a year. Mike married a good friend of the missus, and also has been in bands a while. Used to be in Running with Scissors back inthe early 90s I believe.

Tracy Kroft said...

You went to high school with Dan?? What a small, small world. I met Dan when we were both "Loaned Executives" on the '96 United Way campaign. What a good guy. I think he and his friends had been meeting and playing together for years, but weren't gigging out. I do remember strong-arming him into playing the guitar for me once. One song is all I got, though. I'm hoping they can find a drummer so they can continue begging beats.