Monday, May 19, 2008

Allan Holdsworth at the German House

I bought the Allan Holdsworth tickets for Joe for Valentine's Day, and we saw him last night. I am glad to report that Joe loved the show. All the guitar players there, and there were a ton, were in awe.

For me, every tune sounded the same. If not for the applause, I wouldn't have known when one ended and the next started. There was no melody. Every once and a while I'd catch a little, tiny one but then it would be gone in an instant.

The musicians were extremely talented and passionate--that I could recognize and appreciate. That's pretty much all I have to say about that!

Oh, but there is one more thing. I have to say that standing up and clapping and whistling and hooting at an empty stage while the band decides whether or not to come back and grace us with an encore is getting to be very old and very annoying. Though we did it for Tommy Emmanuel, he was very quick to come back out. These guys took their time coming back for both one-song encores. It was just annoying.

There. There's my rant for the day!

yours in music,
Tracy

No comments: