Sunday, March 2, 2008

Met Dave Spinner last night

Dave was playing with Maggie Mullens at Brio; we stopped in for a late dinner and only caught the short last set. He's a good keyboardist--I'd like to hear him again sometime. I think he's going to be there with a quartet, maybe next weekend. We'll check it out if we can.

The Bill Welch Band, one of my faves, is playing at Hi Fidelity on Saturday the 29th of March from 7:00 - 9:00; hopefully, we'll be able to make that show. They never fail to please. Also, on the 14th, the spring series of Friday Jazz at Immanuel kicks off with Mambo Kings. I'd like to make that show; I haven't seen them for a few years, and Dick Delaney is my daughter's piano teacher.

Joe and I went to see "In Bruges" on Friday night; I'm sure he wishes we'd gone to hear music. It was slow, but kind of a "thinking man's movie" about two hit men who are holed up "waiting for instructions" in this beautiful medieval city. It would be better as a rental, I think, because then you could nap in the comfort of your own home during the slower parts!

That's all for now.

yours in music,
Tracy

No comments: