Thursday, March 6, 2008

So I'm thinking about adding new content . . .

Just wondering about whether or not I should add other types of writing to this blog. Since I'm not seeing live music seven nights a week to be able to constantly report back on that (I'm hardly seeing it once a week regularly right now), I'm wondering if it's time to just write about other things as well.

I don't mean, necessarily, personal rantings and ramblings (like the one I posted about forwards) all the time, either. I just think it would be an obvious complement to Rochester Music Scene (And Heard) to talk about the "Rochester Scene in General" every once in a while. Perhaps some restaurant reviews--I eat in the city much of the time for all meals; talk about city revitalization; talk about activities in the city.

I need to start checking out some of the resources we have here, and then I can talk about them. For instance, I haven't been on the First Fridays Art Gallery Bus Tour; haven't been to the Public Market in ages; haven't ever been to Artisan Works or Second Saturdays at Anderson Alley. I was recently at the MAG to see the quilt exhibit because Joe's sister has a piece in it; and I enjoyed poking through much of the art on the second floor - especially the medieval and renaissance pieces. We listened to a classical choral concert accompanied by a cellist and the 700-year-old organ.

So, maybe I should start writing about these treasures of Rochester (there'll always be a rant here or there, too) when I actually participate in them. What do you think?

yours in music (primarily),
Tracy

4 comments:

uncle wally said...

Yes, by all means post more stuff. That'll keep you from harassing other bloggers and their blogs.

Tracy Kroft said...

Harassing!!!!

uncle wally said...

you heard me missy! kdding of course. . .

Tracy Kroft said...

Harassing with affection, only!