Monday, November 19, 2007

Steve Greene Trio at the Little Cafe

After we left the Bistro, we went to see the "tres cool" (as Frank DeBlase says) Steve Greene Trio. The usual suspects were there--Steve, Tina Albright, Dave Arenius and Bill Ribas playing and enjoying great jazz standards (with the incomparable Steve Greene twist). Exemplary musicians having fun makes for a delightful evening. Though Tina did not sing my request, everything she did sing was rich and beautiful. Bill and Dave add spice to Steve's original takes on jazz standards. They invited my Friend, Joe, and another friend, Greg Wachala up for a tune, which was "tres cool," too. There was also a guy who was invited up to do some Latin percussion. Well, he was playing bongos, that's Latin, right? Anyway, I didn't get his name, and I'm hoping one of the Trio can let me know.

I just hate not having all the names of all the players when I write about a band.

The Trio is delicious fun to listen to and watch because you can tell they truly enjoy what they're doing and who they're doing it with. Go see them. I think next Saturday is the last one at the Little Cafe for a while.

yours in music,
Tracy

4 comments:

uncle wally said...

I believe the latin percussionist's name is charlie curran, but you can check with steve on that one. Thanks for coming down, and what the heck are you doing posting so early?

Tracy Kroft said...

Okay, Uncle Wally. I've struggled trying to figure out who you are, but after reading a bit of your blog, I think I know. Are you a chinchilla as well as a "missing beatle?"

Tracy Kroft said...

And, for the record, the "clock" is not right--never has been. So I really wasn't up that early posting. It does look like I never sleep at night, though.

Tracy Kroft said...

Charlie Curran, it was.