Thursday, November 8, 2007

Invisible . . . Chinchillas

So, I had a lovely conversation today with one of the two, apparently invisible, members of the Steve Greene Trio. (Don't misunderstand--I'm glad that Frank DeBlase spoke so highly of both Steve, who is an amazing guitarist, and Tina Albright, who I think is a soulful and beautiful singer--I just think all four members of the "Trio" should have made the review.) Bill Ribas and Dave Arenius are two very gifted musicians who ought to be recognized and appreciated for their talent and versatility. I have seen Bill play with S.G.T., and I've seen Dave play with my Friend, Joe Chiappone, as well. These guys are cookin' and you should come out to see them at Bodhi's at 9:00 on Friday the 9th (9 on the 9th!) and The Little Cafe on Saturday, the 10th. If my sources are good, Dave will play first (on Friday) with Joe Chiappone and Greg Wachala at 6:30 at Stucko's on Clifford Ave. Check them out. You won't be sorry. I hear the fish fry is great, and I can attest to the fact that the music is first rate. Drinks are pretty cheap, too! There's popcorn.

I understand that Bill Ribas is also a Chinchilla. The Chinchillas are playing, along with the Beat Beggars, at the Cottage Hotel in "beautiful downtown Mendon" on the 17th of November at 9:00pm. I'm hoping to be there. I've never seen a real, live Chinchilla playing a guitar, and I have a friend who is a Beat Beggar. It should be most fun!

yours in music
Tracy

3 comments:

uncle wally said...

egads, you're out of control with the praise. Let me know if you want a burnt copy of the latest chinchillas disc. http://www.myspace.com/chinchillasrockandroll

stealth said...

Oh God... NOT the Cottage Inn in Mendon!!! LOL

Tracy Kroft said...

Okay, fb, I'll try to tone it down. Yes, I'd love a disc! Thank you.
T