Saturday, June 5, 2010

Planning my XRIJF strategy - Part I

Well, it's been pretty busy of late. I haven't written since just before the Remembering Ralph II concert at the Lilac Festival. Since then, I've hit the road twice - once to pick up my daughter from college and once to attend my son's graduation from college. He graduated on the 23rd, and my daughter celebrated her birthday driving home in the car on the 24th.

Now, it's time to get back to the music and planning for 2010 XRIJF. Looking at the Artist Lineup, I think my plan of attack for the opening night will be to see Mose Allison at Kilbourn at 6:00 pm and Andreas Oberg at the Lutheran Church of the Reformation at 7:30. Those are the two artists I definitely want to see that night. (Click on my second Oberg link, and you'll see why both Joe and I are looking forward to this guy!) If we could get to see them both first thing, then we could go to Abilene, XRIJF's new Americana/Roots venue, to see Earl Pickens and Family.

Now, I realize that due to lines, we might not be able to make it happen just that way, so we could always wander around until the 7:30 Oberg show and then head over to stand in line for the later 10:00 Mose Allison show. We'd miss the Pickens group, but c'est la vie; we might catch the Michael Kaeshammer 6:15 show instead. If not, then I have the chance to see him on Saturday night.

Wow, I've written and rewritten this post, getting more confused as I go along. I think I actually need to draw up a schematic to make sure I have plans for all situations! Given my "flexible schedule" these days, I'm hoping to get to really use that Club Pass to the utmost this year. No excuses.

yours in music and Jazz Fest anticipation,
Tracy

No comments: