Monday, July 28, 2008

I am a bad bloggist.

Bloggist. Though it may not be a word, I like it better than "blogger" which sounds too much like logger (or lager--not that there's anything wrong with that--depending upon how you say it). "Bloggist" or "Blogger." It really doesn't matter as I am not much of either, lately. Work . . . life . . . stuff . . . All of it equals not much time to sit in front of my computer and subject you to my random thoughts and music musings.

As far as this past weekend goes, I do regret not getting my butt over to Corn Hill Landing to see the Mambo Kings with the RPO and, I heard, fireworks. It was a beautiful night for that. I should have been there. Also, I completely missed Boulder Fest. Though some of that music is out of my age range, I should have been there to post about it in my Insider blog. I can't believe the D&C hasn't kicked me off the Insider yet. I haven't had much to say there either. And I hate to admit it, but I might just be too old to be blogging for them.

I did get to see a few of my favorite musicians on Sunday at the Perinton Summer Fest at Perinton Park. The Bill Welch Band performed two great sets. These guys should be gigging out more often. I love them--the incomparable Bill Welch on lead vocals, keyboard and acoustic guitar; Gene Rogalski ripping it up on electric guitar; the sweet and soulful Bill Tiberio on sax; Mike Keefe keeping it real on bass; Fred Welch killing on the drum set while Tony Padilla was equally amazing on Latin percussion. What a group! And they played my all-time favorite song, Why Don't You Ask. It was a day well spent in the park. If I don't have a link for them on my blog, I will in a minute, so check them out. If they have something on their schedule you can get to, I highly recommend it.

yours in music,
Tracy

3 comments:

uncle wally said...

Bad, bad, bloggist you are. Don't apologize, just rant, or make up a story, like you spent a week killing rats in your basement or something.

Tracy Kroft said...

Who? Me? Rant?

uncle wally said...

yep, you. let it rip, rant like the world is about to end any day now.