Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I messed up.

I missed Footnote's CD release party last night. I'm a whole week behind. I thought next week was the Tuesday in question, when, in fact, it was last night. And I missed it. And I had promised to blog about their CD release. I suck. Sorry, Footnote, I'll make it up to you. Do you have a link to buy the CD that I can put in the blog? Or a link to your website, perhaps, with some cuts to sample. I'm so sorry. Life has been having a way of getting away from me these days.

So as not to screw up again, here is a little bit I got from an email to my MySpace.

"My name is Christopher Bell, I am a singer-songwriter from Jamestown, NY. My Canoe Tour brings me into Rochester the 4th week of July with a show on the 24th at Boulder Coffee. In total its a 6 week journey on the Erie Canal and Hudson River from Buffalo to New York City."

The Boulder gig is at 8:00 pm Thursday night. I have a conflict and, once again, I cannot make it. However, you should go. You've got to give props to someone who paddles that far to play. Let me know how it is.

And Footnote guys, please forgive me.

yours in music,
Tracy

5 comments:

JonG said...

Jeez, Tracy! Take it easy on yourself!
The show went pretty well, threatening weather and all. It was very fun, that's for sure!

Your readers can always follow the FOOTNOTE link on the righthand side of the page and get the band schedule as well as purchase the CD. It's also available at Barnes & Noble, the Bop Shop, and Borders. Of course, we'll have some at every show (next up: PARK AVE FEST on Sat Aug 2).

Thanks. Now relax. Deep breath...

Jon G

Tracy Kroft said...

Thank you; you are very kind. I'm glad it went well. Perhaps I can make it to the Park Ave.

Keith W. said...

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for getting the word out. FOOTNOTE does appreciates ANYTIME you have spent just commenting about the band, regardless of timeframe.

I was looking forward to seeing you at the Amphitheatre, and fiqured the rain was a factor, as it was with many people not making it.

After the numbers were tallied, 200+ people did show up for the semi-wet Tuesday evening concert and FOOTNOTE was very honored and grateful indeed to perform to the resilient Rochester audience under those conditions.

A sincere thanks to Rochester

I'll go one step further and post FOOTNOTE's August performance dates
in hopes you'll have an opportunity to make it to an upcoming gig (as well as your readers)

Saturday August 2, 2008
32nd Park Avenue Festival
Somerton Green Stage
Park Avenue
Rochester, New York
585-473-4482
http://www.park-avenue.org/events.html
3:00PM

Saturday August 9, 2008
Rush Creekside Inn
6071 East Henrietta Rd.
Rush, New York
585-533-1250
8:00PM

Friday August 15, 2008
New York Wine & Culinary Center
800 South Main Street
Canandaigua, New York
(585) 394-7070
http://www.nywcc.com/taste/taste_of_NY_lounge5.php
8:00PM

Saturday August 16, 2008
Clarissa Street Reunion
Jazz Stage
1:00PM – 2:15PM
585-234-4177
http://www.cornhill.org/clarissa_street.html

Thanks Tracy..hope to see you soon!!

Keith Welch
FOOTNOTE

Tracy Kroft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy Kroft said...

The Park Ave Fest gig is a definite possibility; though I'd love to get to the Wine and Culinary gig. I'll be on a college trip with my daughter, and I might not be back in time. But if I am . . .

Thanks to both Jon and you (and all of Footnote) for being so forgiving. And thanks, too, for posting your schedule.

T