Saturday, June 14, 2008

Debut.

Yesterday was my blog's debut in the Rochester Insider Online. Yes, you read right, Rochester Music Scene (and Heard) is now running in two places--here and on the Insider. We'll see how that goes. I'm a little old for the demographic--hell, I'm old enough to be a mother to the young end of the Insider demographic. But I do get out, I do hear a variety of music, and I guess they liked what and how I write enough to take a chance on me. Either that or they're desperate! (I think I'll flatter myself and assume it's the first thing.) I'll try hard to keep up with both; the more places that I can write about our wealth of musical talent will, I hope, contribute to more people getting out and checking out the Rochester Music Scene.

I had a tour of the Little Theatre the other day; what an interesting place with such historical significance. I didn't know, or just didn't realize, that you can be a member of the Little Theatre Society. Membership fees are a big part of what keeps this theatre going AND growing. I think I'm going to join. I found out that one of the member benefits is that you can reserve the balcony for a movie at Little One, and that seems like a rather romantic idea!

Speaking of the Little, I think I'm going to bring Joe down there tonight to see Son of Rambow. I heard it was phenomenal. I will let you know.

yours in music (and stuff),
Tracy

No comments: