Thursday, August 23, 2007

Garden Vibes at George Eastman House

Tonight, Frank DeBlase's band, The White Devils, will open for the Nashville-based Los Straitjackets for this week's Garden Vibes concert at the George Eastman House. Some of the members of the Spiritus Christi Gospel Choir will be backing DeBlase on his last tune, Dead Man's Blues. I'm a little nervous; but I'm sure it will be fun.

The White Devils, as much as I've heard of them, seem to have a rockabilly feel--which I kind of like. I was a big fan of the Stray Cats Back In The Day, and I think they are considered rockabilly. I haven't heard much about Los Straitjackets. I was on their website briefly, and they sound pretty guitar-driven. I love guitar in every genre--rock, jazz, bluegrass, classical, etc. I especially love it when a certain person is playing it. (And you know who you are.)

Anyway, I'm planning on sticking around and listening to them. Perhaps I'll have an interesting post after the night is through. At the very least, I will finally have gotten to see the Ansel Adams exhibit because entrance to the House is free with admission to the concert.

Hope to see you there.
yours in music,
Tracy

No comments: