Friday, July 18, 2008

Bop Fest 2

Bop Fest, in conjunction with the 26th anniversary of the Bop Shop, is happening this weekend, and boy, is it happening! I’m going to try to hit it on Saturday. Here is the lineup as it appears on the Bop Shop website: Bop Fest 2 is held in the courtyard of The Village Gate 274 N. Goodman St., located in the heart of the Neighborhood of the Arts. The event is being presented by the fine restaurants and retailers of the Village Gate and is free. Headlining Saturday’s festivities will be the Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods Bill Kirchen at 6:00pm www.myspace.com/billkirchen preceded by Nashville legend David Olney at 4:30pm www.myspace.com/davidolney. Starting off the day’s festivities will be two of our finer local bands, Krypton 88 www.krypton88.com who will kick off the show at 2:00pm, followed by an amazing new local band, The Alpine Black at 3:15pm www.myspace.com/thealpineblack. On Sunday, The Asylum Street Spankers www.theasylumstreetspankers.com will appear at 4:00pm and warming up for the Spankers at 2:00pm will be Todd Kraz and at 3:00pm The Varnish Cooks www.myspace.com/thevarnishcooks.

(Sorry if the above links don’t work; as I’ve told you, I’m not “technologically enhanced” like the Steely Dan crowd was!)

I’ve wanted to see the Spankers for a long time, so I’m looking forward to that. However, I’ve also heard great things about his new local band, The Alpine Black, and I definitely want to check them out. Tom Kohn, owner of the Bop Shop, is understandably excited about this event given the success of last year’s and this great lineup. I hope the weather cooperates, and he gets the crowd that he should.

The above is a complete cut-and-paste from my Insider blog, but I wanted to be sure to get this information out in as many ways possible.

yours in music,
Tracy

1 comment:

uncle wally said...

If you haven't seen Bill Kirchen, do it. He is really amazing, and in a low key kind of way. phenomenal player.