Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What happened to my photo?





Well, the other day I was working on some photos from Dave and Tina's gig at Smokin' Joe's. I was editing in Picasa, and it said I could export directly to Blogger. I did that, and it seemed to work at the time. I was going to come back to it later but got sidetracked. It wasn't until it was brought to my attention this morning, that I realized it didn't work.

So, to remedy that, I'm going to try again. Using the method I really know. Anyway, the pictures aren't great because of the light streaming in the windows behind the band, and I didn't want to keep flashing in their faces. I would find that distracting. Though, these musicians are professionals, and maybe it doesn't bother them.

So, Tina and the Two-Timers is a fun band with a wide variety of types of tunes in their repertoire. From blues to R&B, a little jump, jive, 'n' wail, to Steely Dan to John Mayer, and everything in between; Tina and the Two-Timers covered it well. The Two-Timers include Bill Blind keeping the beat on drums, Dave Charneski on guitar (and I think I caught him singing some backup vocals), Bob Miller on guitar and backup vocals and Richie Simbari playing bass and offering some backup vocals as well. Tina is the incomparable Tina Albright - the woman with the voice I never tire of hearing.

And that top photo is my Joe sitting in with the band. I used the flash then, and I'm glad I did because it's a cute picture of him with Tina.

You can catch this band on May 14th at Rab's Woodshed and May 28th at Smokin' Joe's. You should check them out; I think you'll like them!

yours in music,
Tracy

1 comment:

Dave_C said...

Quite a bit late on responding to this, but wanted to thank you and Joe for taking time out of your packed Sunday to come out and you, Tracy, for taking the pics and posting this nice write-up. It must have worked. We had an OVERFLOW crowd for most of the night at Rab's last Friday! Never saw anything like it in there.