Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday Night at Abilene

Abilene Bar and Lounge on Liberty Pole Way is a place that I have been wanting to try out for a while! I loved it! Here's the link: http://www.abilenebarandlounge.com/Home.html

It was slammin' on a Saturday night. In Rochester!!! That's a big deal as far as I'm concerned. Carol and the Impalas were playing--Alex Cestra was on guitar. They sounded good. It was a little country for me; but I WAS in a place called Abilene, after all!

So I had a delicious chocolate martini, and then later I had part of a straight-up Tito's Handmade Vodka which I had been wanting to try and oh, so very smooooooooth. http://www.titos-vodka.com/titos.html

Abilene . . . I can't wait to come back. You need to have Hot Sweets play at your place, for sure!

yours in music,
Tracy

10 comments:

uncle wally said...

say, you giving up on the insider gig?

Tracy Kroft said...

!You bet. I'm the managing editor of a magazine now (in my new gig) among other things, and I just don't have the time--not only to write, but to visit the places that demographic requires. I figured with the introduction of Metromix it was a fine time to throw in the towel.

I was psyched, but it was too much, and I wasn't doing it justice.

uncle wally said...

cool beans - what magazine?

Tracy Kroft said...

Thank you. Metropolitan. It's really lovely, and it's the magazine that the Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester publishes quarterly. I would be happy to send you one "snail-mail" a the next issue is at the printer now. Or you can find one at Northfield. I usually try to keep some in the rack downstairs and up on the tables in the waiting area.

uncle wally said...

wow. sounds like fun. let me know if you need a writer.

Tracy Kroft said...

Will do. We're mostly writing in-house right now, but that could change in future issues. I wrote five articles for this one--some small, some not-so-small. One was a real pain in the neck--much more work than anticipated.

Anyway, it's a blast, and I love seeing my name on the masthead as Managing Editor. What a rush!

uncle wally said...

drinks are on you at the landing.

Tracy Kroft said...

I'm not the managing editor of Vanity Fair, you know!

uncle wally said...

alright then, you can at least place the drink order. i'll start looking around for loose change.

Tracy Kroft said...

Sounds good. I will, too. Between us, we should be able to come up with about $7.83 or so, right?