Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yay Me! And Bill, Bill, Paul, Fred . . .

I got an email the other day from the folks at the Rochester International Jazz Fest saying that the first 250 people to respond were going to win one year subscriptions to Downbeat Magazine. Well, it was the last thing in my inbox, so I knew it hadn't been there too long, but I didn't hold out too much hope as I followed the simple directions and hit "send." Then, this morning, I received notice that amazingly enough, I was the 11th responder! (After Paul Harris, who was number 7!) I saw so many names that I recognized from one place or another, like friends from the local music world--Bill Tiberio, Bill Ribas, Fred Stone, John Castronova . . . members of the Arts Council or just names I recognized from around town. What a cool thing. I was surprised and delighted to be a winner. Congratulations to all and thanks to RIJF and Downbeat Magazine!

Yours in music,
Tracy

4 comments:

uncle wally said...

no way. How come I haven't got the e-mail yet? I smell conspiracy and disappointment. Although if I did win it'd be a nice thing. I don't think I've won anything in a long time, unless you count the pneumonia, and that's still paying dividends.

Tracy Kroft said...

You definitely did; your name is on the list. Bill Ribas. That's you, isn't?

uncle wally said...

yeah, that's me - I checked the rjazz site and the name was there. Just wondering why i didn't get the e-mail that i did get it, unless your post was just referring to the "enter now" e-mail. I did get that one.

Guy said...

Guy TOO! I won the mag also. I do love your site, I put it on my desk top. I am the big guy you meet at Clrion and then in Brockport on Saturday. Cath you jazzin around town.
peace, guy